Question before i buy a galaxy apolloGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ANoob

ANoob New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, i've read that the galaxy apollo doesnt give you the option to completely disable apps from accessing the internet like many other android phones do. Please could someone tell me if the apps 'APNdroid' or 'quick settings' work on this phone and allow you to disable APN access?

I'm new to smart phones but i've been doing my research, i just cant find any definitive answers as to whether or not this is possible on the apollo (if the apps work). It's kind of important since the plan i would be on is for 500mb data and i wouldnt want to be wasting MB's/money by not being able to disable this stuff.

Advertisement
  2. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

I don't have this phone, but I'm 100% sure that APNdroid will work since what it actually does is change the APN name to an incorrect one (it adds 'apndroid' to the name), since there's no way you'll have mobile data with an incorrect apn name.

ANoob likes this.
  3. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

What dryhte said, I use APNdroid because my carrier has no 2G/GSM, so adding "apnandroid" to the end of the APN address disables data, it's a nice little hackup app and goes good with 3G Watchdog, I have it set to turn on if I reach 95% monthly quota.

ANoob likes this.
  4. ANoob

ANoob New Member This Topic's Starter

Excellent, thank you very much guys. I will be ordering the phone tomorrow :D