[Question] Can I put apps on more than one device

1. AmneonX

AmneonX Well-Known Member

I have a Motorola Droid X and I am waiting on a Samsung Galaxy Tab. I plan on linking the gmail account from the droid x, to the Galaxy Tab. If I buy apps from the market place on the DX, can I get them for free on the Galaxy Tab?

Advertisement
    :
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

Good question..
    I would think it would let you..if you use the same google account
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I think it would be best to check with the developer of an app in question before becoming a target for copyright violation or bad stuff like that.
  4. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

I have a g1 and n1 and all my paid apps work on both as long as I'm signed into the same Google account on both devices.
    AmneonX likes this.
  5. me and my wife have the same generic gmail account xxxfamily@gmail.com

we are on the same billing plan. We share minutes, and texts, we even share a few of the little extras that we pay for on our Verizon bill, why not share apps too
  6. Guamguy

Guamguy Well-Known Member

The answer to your question is:

YES.

When you enter your GMail account to your Tab, all your contacts will get synced into the Tab. So will your GMail. All your paid apps will be marked Purchased on the Android Market and is free to download.

Do note, that if you made any changes on your contacts in any one of these devices, the other device will reflect the same changes sooner or later. The two devices will continually sync.

If you buy apps in one device, it will also be marked "Purchased" in the Android Market of the other device and free to download.

And if you buy yet another Android device, it will be the same thing.

And again.

And again.

I should know. I keep a collection.

When apps are purchased, they belong to that Google account period.

If a device is sold, and it will have a new Google account on it, no, the apps cannot be transferred to the new owner. It will have to do a clean reset to a blank slate. The new owner will then enter his or her Google account, which opens up his or her paid apps from the Android Market. And the same process repeats over again.
    AmneonX likes this.
  7. AmneonX

AmneonX Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. You were a big help. Now looking forward to getting my galaxy tab even more.