Question: Can you still get calls/text messages while line is temporarily suspended?

1. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

So can a line still get calls and text messages while it is suspended for non-payment? Someone is claiming that they can still recieve calls and texts, just cant send them out while they're temporarily suspended. I don't personally have a Tmobile account so I don't know for sure.

Advertisement
  2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Always pay my bill so I'm not sure but I think you can call 911 but nothing else works.
  3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Call the carrier and ask them lol
  4. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I did, its very hard to get to their customer care w/o an account for some reason. I got to sales dept and the guy told me that they can't, but he didn't sound too sure
  5. Raven198

Raven198 Well-Known Member

I have been with T-Mob for over 10 years now..been with them since the Powertel days. In the few times I havent paid on time, YES, I could receive calls for a day or 2 after they shut me down, but NO text messages at all. Hope that helps.
  6. AngelArs

AngelArs Well-Known Member

911 is all you're allowed. Why would you think they'd give you free calls?

I think you're confusing T-Mobile with MagicJack :D
  7. RRSpikes

RRSpikes Well-Known Member

This is incorrect.

My son was disconnected for not paying his $500 bill. He's been disconnected since 1/3/12 and I've talked to him every day since. He can't call out or send text but can receive both.
  8. AngelArs

AngelArs Well-Known Member

Wow a whole week. Give them time. They will catch up and completely disconnect him. In the mean time enjoy what they've over looked.
  9. dansamy

dansamy Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you're wrong. When a TMo account is suspended, the customer can still receive calls for several days. When dialing out, the customer gets routed to the billing dept to pay by phone.
  10. sprintgirl

sprintgirl New Member

My account was suspended i did not pay the bill. is it possible for me to pay the bill and still be eligible for my upgrade, although my account was inactive for a week?
  11. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums sprintgirl. :hello:

I've been looking through T-Mobile support but can't find an answer to that specific question.

My guess would be yes since your account was suspended, not cancelled but that's just a guess. For a definite answer I would call T-Mobile.