question/concern

Last Updated:

1. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So whenever I get a new rom set with my apps kernel etc up and running I always make a nandroid backup of it and name it as the appropriate rom etc... Just wondering is it okay to keep installing new roms this way, or am i better off going the update.zip method when I want to change them.

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I don't understand your question: making a nandroid backup by name (a GREAT idea) is completely different from installing a ROM via any method. Am I missing something? Please clarify.

3. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sorry kinda unclear. basically past few days I went and installed about 10 different roms and restored all my apps to them etc, made a nandroid of them so I could try the rom when I want by restoring the nandroid instread of completely wiping then reinstalling the rom. (basically made my own update.zip with nandroid with my apps etc all set)

just wondering if reinstalling nandroid backups over and over can be detrimental in any way

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Nah. It's a lot easier than installing a ROM and starting over from scratch! The phone will wipe data & cache and rewrite them based on the nandroids. I guess if you really want to swap ROMs on the fly a lot, that would be the way to go. I tend to stick to one ROM and not "shop around" so much. I think you're fine doing what you're doing.

5. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

There is one concern I see with doing it this way. You may want to make app and app data backups before you flash a recovery using Titanium Backup. If you have made any significant data changes to an app, when you flash your backup that data will be lost until you restore your app data using TiBU (this includes texts!!!!!)

Just a thought.

Kratos