Question for everyone with 2.1 and Yahoo email

Last Updated:

1. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For everyone who got the 2.1 update (or forced it), there is supposed to be "real" support for yahoo email in it. Can any of you guys with a Yahoo email address verify that the previous issues we've all had with Yahoo email have been addressed? (i.e.: deleted messages suddenly showing up in your inbox, thousands upon thousands of copies of sent messages in your sent items, etc.) And did you have to delete your setup/icon for Yahoo email and re-set it all up again?...Or did you leave it set up the way you had it and the update just did it's thing behind the scenes?

(I know I can just force update and find out for myself - And Trident and the others have done a FANTASTIC job putting together thta guide and supplying the zip file - but I'm a total square and have decided to just wait for my OTA update...Just a couple days anyway.)

Thanks, yo!

Advertisement
  2. aps024

aps024 New Member

I'm having problems with this. I went into "email" after the update and tried to delete my yahoo account from there and re-do it. Well it froze the app & Force Closed it. Now when I try to open up email it force closes every time. I even went through and RE-installed the 2.1 update manually (thanks for the tutorial by the way!!!) again but I still have the same problem.

Anyone else having these issues?

3. baconnbitz2010

baconnbitz2010 New Member

I have the Epic 4g and having the same Yahoo mail issues. I have three email accounts in connection with Yahoo. One is my small business account and it loads quickly and perfectly each and every time as does my Outlook account (corporate email) and Gmail. Never an issue.

The two Yahoo accounts, however, suddenly started Force Closing on me. I have deleted them, cleared the cache using CacheMate (even used Power Clean), Rebooted, even restarted after pulling the battery out for 2 minutes -- still nothing.

I also have a Palm Pre and the settings in there are exactly identical to the setup on the Epic. I verified and still -- Force Close.

Gotta get some help with this..........

4. USCellularAndroid

USCellularAndroid Well-Known Member

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE TO!

I just bought the Samsung Mesmerize for US Cellular (its the fascinate for Verizon).

When I use the IMAP settings and set up yahoo mail, i get the force close error to! Someone help with this!