• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question for former Moment users

bboozer

Jan 1, 2010
I was wondering for those of you that have switched to the Epic from the Moment, what features do you miss. I was thinking that I really like the physical End button.... I am thinking ahead to my next update and I really like my Moment (there are things that I don't like, but overall I am pleased with it) and I think the the new Epic looks really good. How was the transition the a new keyboard layout? Also, I have had an issue with the Mute button on the Moment. Often when I am on a call, I somehow hit the Mute button with my cheek and then the person that I am talking to, can't hear me, and then I have the remove the phone from my ear long enough for the screen to light up to get it off of Mute.... Surely I am not the only person to have this problem.... I hope that the Mute button is in a different spot or something on the Epic...

using the phone itself is a major improvement .. while I still find a delay here and there when making a call the sensor works fine so I'm not using my face to hit buttons. the physical end call button is useful as every now and again the end call key does not respond .. minor thing tho ........ aside from the keyboard issue I encounter with registering inputs I like the layout better. once you get used to where the keys are its all good

Upvote 0
I'm just gonna try to hit a few quick points. I slightly miss the trackpad, send call and end call buttons but its not a huge deal. The keyboard is a little bit easier for me to type on now that I've gotten used to it. Having 5 rows as opposed to 4 is also a +. Having the capacitive search button is pretty sweet too. The proximity sensor works near flawlessly for me, I doubt you will ever have your cheek pressing buttons on this phone. Also, if you have 4g in your area, you're in for a treat.

This phone pretty much smokes the Moment in every other respect. WAY faster and smoother, Much better screen, Much better camera quality, lighter, thinner, sexy, smooth, huggable, kissa.. you get the point lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones