Question for former Moment users

Last Updated:

1. bboozer

bboozer Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering for those of you that have switched to the Epic from the Moment, what features do you miss. I was thinking that I really like the physical End button.... I am thinking ahead to my next update and I really like my Moment (there are things that I don't like, but overall I am pleased with it) and I think the the new Epic looks really good. How was the transition the a new keyboard layout? Also, I have had an issue with the Mute button on the Moment. Often when I am on a call, I somehow hit the Mute button with my cheek and then the person that I am talking to, can't hear me, and then I have the remove the phone from my ear long enough for the screen to light up to get it off of Mute.... Surely I am not the only person to have this problem.... I hope that the Mute button is in a different spot or something on the Epic...

Advertisement
  2. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

using the phone itself is a major improvement .. while I still find a delay here and there when making a call the sensor works fine so I'm not using my face to hit buttons. the physical end call button is useful as every now and again the end call key does not respond .. minor thing tho ........ aside from the keyboard issue I encounter with registering inputs I like the layout better. once you get used to where the keys are its all good

3. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

The only thing I miss is the Physical Call button; that is it literally...

As for ME missing, thinking about, wondering, wanting another Moment, this is what I hav to say about that :D

4. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna try to hit a few quick points. I slightly miss the trackpad, send call and end call buttons but its not a huge deal. The keyboard is a little bit easier for me to type on now that I've gotten used to it. Having 5 rows as opposed to 4 is also a +. Having the capacitive search button is pretty sweet too. The proximity sensor works near flawlessly for me, I doubt you will ever have your cheek pressing buttons on this phone. Also, if you have 4g in your area, you're in for a treat.

This phone pretty much smokes the Moment in every other respect. WAY faster and smoother, Much better screen, Much better camera quality, lighter, thinner, sexy, smooth, huggable, kissa.. you get the point lol

5. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

I don't miss a thing about my old moment

6. MILcityBOI

MILcityBOI Well-Known Member

Nothing at all. :) ...ask yourself this, would I rather lose one thing that really isn't a deal breaker anyway (physical end key) or would I rather gain better processor, screen, memory, phone, etc etc????

7. Seddy

Seddy Well-Known Member

I would miss the physical talk and end buttons if I didn't have to press them about 3 times before they worked. The trackpad was nice whenever I used it, and I miss the free wifi tether...... Even though it was slow.