question for g1 users. about keyboard comfortGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mish147

mish147 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so i ordered my g1 a week and a half back, i was at costco today shopping and i saw a tmobile stand where they had the g1 demo phone, so i held it and the size was perfect for me, i dont know what people were talking about complaining abuot the size, but regardless i was trying to use the keyboard again on the demo version, and the keys were very hard to press and very flush, is this the case on the actual g1, does anyone find the keyboard discomforting, and is any one bothered by the chin???

Advertisement
  2. cNo7

cNo7 Well-Known Member

only thing about the keyboard...is that it's not too easy (at first) to master typing while the phone is charging...the connection gets in the way

3. sleebus.jones

sleebus.jones Well-Known Member

works fine for me.

4. swimfan623

swimfan623 Member

Works fine for me too...even while charging. However, I have previously had sidekicks and the wing.

5. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

The chin doesn't get in my way at all. The only thing that bothers me is a little is that the keyboard is a little too flush.

6. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

I had to figure out the most comfortable way of holding it, but now that I have, no issues here.

7. misskiks

misskiks Member

Well comin from the sk where the keyboard is a lil more raised it did feel a lil weird but now I got the hang of it and itscomfy to type with or without the charger plugged in :D

8. Durf

Durf Well-Known Member

No problems with the charge cable getting in the way here. You just move your hand a little and it is ok.

9. sajj

sajj Active Member

everything is great, only thing i SOMETIMES have a problem with is when i'm supporting the phone, my support finger puts pressure on the volume keys, and either it rockets up, or goes to silent.

i guess i'll learn to deal with it, all in all, if you love it, you'll get use to it

10. jvcjbl

jvcjbl Active Member

I for one and ok with the chin... actually gives my right hand a little more to hold onto. To each their own

11. Syrax

Syrax Well-Known Member

I'm another using coming from the sidekick family and compared to the SK keyboard the G1's is rather flush. This took a little getting use to but I'm loving the keyboard now. It's comfortable and I don't notice the chin at all.

12. Vivid

Vivid Well-Known Member

I don't like how the right hand has to reach over the "home" keys... to me this make the keyboard not centered and harder to type on... but having had the phone for close toa week now I am used to it but still do not type as fast as on my old phone... other than that I like the keyboard.

13. bonh

bonh Active Member

you must have some tiny hands