Question for Radio Shack Employees..MyTouch

Last Updated:

1. sendit2mybb

sendit2mybb New Member This Topic's Starter

Quick question for any "Shack" employees that may be on this forum. I'm approximately 6 months from a full discount phone upgrade option for T-Mo USA and have been looking at getting a MyTouch (although will definitely not pay $400 for partial discount upgrade price).BTW, I am in perfect account standing with T-MO and have been with them almost 4 yrs. I've spoken with T-MO Customer Care on several occasions and ufortunately they could not offer a big enough discount on the phone for me to jump ship from my beloved Blackberry Curve.

Unfortunately, Wal-Mart in my rural area does not have a T-Mo kiosk; so, I'm figuring that The Shack may be my last resort. Any ideas would be helpful if it's even worth a try at Shack. Thanks for any input!:eek:

Advertisement
  2. argie

argie Member

Customer Service was willing to let me upgrade to the MT3G because my Blackberry Pearl, which runs EDGE, was experiencing intermittent service to the web.

If you have a data plan for your BB -and- the EDGE connection is poor -and- you also have 3G service in your area, it's worth a try. I had 11 months to go on my contract...

George

3. sendit2mybb

sendit2mybb New Member This Topic's Starter

George, Thanks so much for your reply. Ironically, I had a major problem with my Blackberry Curve this weekend (IT Policy/ Firewall Issue from a 3rd Party App. Download). Called TMO Customer Care today and they provided me with a full discount upgrade for the myTouch with a 2-yr. contract since I am in good standing:D. This is why I'm a loyal T-Mobile Customer!!

BTW...Radio Shack not only couldn't offer me the Rate Plan that I wanted; they also could not offer me the partial discount on the myTouch either. I think that it will take time before Radio Shack will start dropping prices since the contract is so new.

So...if anyone is reading this thread...TMO customer service was awesome and if you treat the reps. nicely; they will take care of you.

Thanks again George and enjoy your new phone as I will this week when I get it.

4. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

It's a shame more people haven't realized this. Flies and honey.

5. zelda

zelda New Member

Unfortunately the RadioShack employees that you dealt with haven't been trained properly. Not only can they offer you the same price that any other major retailer has advertised, they can give you any plan that T-mobile offers and give you a discounted handset if T-mobile customer loyalty has offered you a discount. This may take some extra time due to having to confirm the offer exists but it is something that I did today so I know we can do it.

Congrats on your Mytouch, I love mine. Hopefully my fellow Shack employees will figure everything out eventually.

6. unknown1

unknown1 New Member

Unfort, Shack offers samething as T-Mobile does. They only have a few differences. They can offer you instant rebate instead of mail and rebate, and buy back ur old phone. You just have to wait 6 months until you can upgrade.