Question for those coming from the Hero

Last Updated:

1. rckozma

rckozma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How is the vibration on the Epic?

The one thing I didn't like about going from the Instinct to the Hero was I can not feel the vibration of the phone. The Instinct felt like it was going to vibrate out of the holder, the Hero I could be holding it and almost not feel like it is vibrating.

This is not a deal breaker, but I am always in areas that the phone needs to be on vibrate. I just hope that I will be able to feel when I actually get calls instead of calling people back after the fact because I had no clue they called.

Advertisement
  2. brandiem09

brandiem09 Member

There is a setting on the Epic that allows you to adjust vibration intensity. Trust me, you won't have a problem with it.

3. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member

I came from the Hero and can tell you it's a lot stronger vibrate than the Hero. I was just like you and always missed calls or texts with it in my pocket. Not that you won't ever miss them with the Epic, but it's much improved.

Trust me going from the Hero to Epic is like night and day difference. You'll love it. No delay in anything you do!

4. Blitzpwnage

Blitzpwnage Well-Known Member

I gave my brother my Hero and then got the Epic, I love the Epic and the vibration is much better. I had the otterbox defender for the Hero and I was doing something on my brothers phone yesterday and picked it up and it actually made me miss that little screen lol. Hard to Explain, I appreciated the Hero and it is an amazing phone. But no going back now, the Epics screen is a godsend.

5. rckozma

I like the hero too, and after rooting, being able to change roms all the time it just becomes a new phone every couple of months. But I have the mentality that once I am up for renewal I renew to the latest and greatest at that time whether my phone is having problems or not. Otherwise I am just stepping back in technology, which by the way we all know the Epic will be surpassed in a couple of month with something new.

6. rckozma

But I was hoping that since the Instinct was a Samsung product and had a great vibration feature that the Epic would be the same. Glad to hear it does.

Oh, and yes I was also one of the few that actually liked my Instinct too.