Question for those of us jonesin for a Spirit...

1. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

So.

Whacha gon do 'bout it? :confused:

I Really don't like mail in rebates and companies that micro-critique (to try and sleeze out of payin' up) and nuclur delay payin' up make me even MORE rabid. So Metro can sod right off with their rebate deal in my book.

Wirefly NOW is more like it, someone said the other day within $5 of what they paid at Metro after rebate.

Still, I've just had my Motion a month now and I got the full reaming price on it. :eek: OTOH, there are much worse phones to have gotten price shafted on.

I still think somethings got to shake a loose when the current Motion/Avid rebate ends on 3/3. IMO, that's probably the best chance for any pricing adjustment before the S4 comes out.

So, I'll likely wait til then and see if any of the prices change. I'd like to see Wirefly drop it down to say $229 but I don't think they will unless Metro also drops the $269 price some when they kill the rebate. (And, I think in the past, they most usually Just drop the rebate and keep the same price.)

Whaboutcho?

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Advertisement
    :
  2. cubone

cubone Well-Known Member

I gots mine of metro's web site, but i regret getting it there instead of wirefly, i'd rather have the instant discount.

The phone is $291 after tax so after rebate its $221.
  3. OcalaFlGuy

You must have like NO taxes. Even with our fairly low 6% and the $15 mandatory activate, it's $300.14 here pre-rebate.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  4. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

DFW area, we have 8.25% tax. So with the $15 fee, I'm looking at $306.19 out the door when I get mine (after I get my tax refund).
  5. cubone

cubone Well-Known Member

I got mine online, i plan to activate by call, so it will cost me $3 instead of $15 :p
  6. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Actually, its free via *228...
  7. robertkoa

robertkoa Well-Known Member

Yeah I was thinking of a possible upgrade to the Spirit from the Motion but

For that much money , It won't be that much of an upgrade.

The Camera will be the same ...

Bigger screen, what else will be better ?

Maybe just see if Galaxy S3 goes down in s few months to 399 with Rebate ....
  8. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

There is always going to be something better in few months. Question is, do you really need a new phone, or you just want it for some unexplained reason? Does your current phone satisfy your needs? I'd say let your motion ran for a year and then just look out for some nice deals on any new phone. Seriously, if you don't need a new phone that badly why not spend this extra $200 on something else you've always wanted.
    mike28 likes this.
  9. CurlyNYC

CurlyNYC Well-Known Member

I bought mine from amazon. Sucks that the rebate only works if you buy it from Metro according to the person on Metro FB. It's $220 there.
  10. OcalaFlGuy

Either Metro misunderstood you or you them. (You misread a reply of mine to you, perhaps you misread Metro's reply too.)

There is no post to Metro's wall today about the subject At All.

Here is it, in WRITING from Metro.

[​IMG]

My rebate is sitting in final processing now, my phone came from Wirefly. If Wirefly weren't ok, they'd have rejected my rebate before this point.

Whatever, you go ahead and believe whatever you want to. :rolleyes: (Also wondering why you bother asking here if you won't believe the correct answers you get.)

Bruce in Ocala, FL-