Question for those who have poked around inside the MomentSupport

Last Updated:

1. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1. When my car is off, I need the telephone audio to go out the headphone jack.

2. When my car is on, I need the Moment to make a Bluetooth connection with the car and send the telephone audio to the car.

3. I need to keep the audio cable plugged into the headphone jack 24/7.

It is an extremely long story, so just assume 1, 2, and 3 are true and accept that premise.

If the car is on Bluetooth is active but there is an audio cable plugged into the headphone jack, audio is sent out the cable and NOT via Bluetooth.

So when the car is on, I need to trick the Moment into not realizing that there is a audio cable plugged into the headphone jack, so that it will send the audio via Bluetooth to the car.

Here's my plan:

Disconnect the audio jack from the Moment.
    Wire speaker audio to the audio jack.

Assume I have a PACE SMT kit and am comfortable with dealing with surface mount components.

From the physical layout, is this do-able?

Advertisement
  2. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

your post was very fun to read!! sorry i have no help for you.... what your trying to do SOUNDS feasable...

3. someguyatx

someguyatx Well-Known Member

4. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

It would be nice if someone could mess with the source code to create a fix that would always send audio to the headphone jack rather than via bluetooth. There isn't much demand for that though so to be able to create an app that could managae that would be ideal. it certainly sounds feasible but no hardware could to that without the software on the phone.