1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Question for UK based ebuddy users

Last Updated:

1. yakboy

yakboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just tried to get Facebook chat up and running on ebuddy on my N1. Couldn't get it to login usinf known details so popped over to m.Facebook.com to just double check. Stated I had to login to main site as account locked due to strange activity.

Turns out Facebook had registered a logon from the US on a computer (logged as XP FireFox). Thought this was a little strange so reset password.

Tried ebuddy again after sorting Facebook app on phone with new details. Locked again :s no new password this time, just unlocked had carried on. Tried ebuddy again, same thing again.

Guessing that ebuddy is proxying the Facebook traffic via the US. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone got any idea how to fix it?
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Not a solution for ebuddy but have you given Nimbuzz a go? No annoying 'I'm posting from ebuddy' messages in your status.

yakboy likes this.
  3. chqshaitan

chqshaitan Member

Yea, i had exactly the same problem, but it did work in the end

4. Pic

Pic New Member

had the same problem. went onto the facebook website and it advised I had unauthorised access to my account. confirmed the ip address and it works fine now. But that might be because I'm in Australia and the ebuddy access originated from USA.