Question for you rooters

Last Updated:

1. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm thinking of buying a cheap Eris and selling my Fascinate because times are getting a little tough and I had some questions. I have read about problems with the Eris and I was wondering if rooting helped and how are the roms? I would definitely be rooting. Can it be overclocked? Thanks for any info.

Advertisement
  2. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

I would not recommend getting one unless your OK with rooting. It is a good phone and overclocking is common. It won't be nearly as fast as your Samsung though, coming from that might be hard.

alnova1 likes this.
  3. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

mm coming from a galaxy S would be rough. you'd save way more money trimming down your phone plan and maybe going to the cheaper data plan. two months of using wifi only would pay for an eris...

alnova1 likes this.
  4. knitpurlgurl

knitpurlgurl Well-Known Member

The Eris is the first smartphone I've had - so it's all I know. But I can say that before I rooted, my phone was buggy with a lot of lag. I really liked the phone quite a bit, but the freezing screens and lag was a little disheartening. Then I rooted and with the right ROM, that all went away! I LOVE my Eris.

alnova1 likes this.
  5. alnova1

Thanks for the input guys. I know it will be a big difference coming from a Fascinate but believe me, before I rooted it it was sloooow. I have already bought it and I'm getting ready to root! Any suggestions on a good rom?

6. knitpurlgurl

For the Eris? I currently have Nonsensikal v13.2 and LOVE it! (I've tried Kaos Froyo v37 & v38, CELB v3.6, and Nonsensikal v10.8 & v12.5.)

7. T-Keith

I'm using CELBfroyo and am very happy. nonsensikal is a good one too.

8. alnova1

Thanks for all the info guys and gurls...Im using Nonsensikal v13.7 right now and it seems snappy but I have to say I haven't activated it yet..still playing with it. I do have a problem with my trackball..didnt realize till after the purchase..It sometimes goes crazy and I see thats a common problem. Might have to remove it..unless someone knows of anything else.

9. T-Keith

You'll need the trackball for using recovery unless you have the trackball free version.

10. CTM

CTM Well-Known Member

i think there was a thread posted a while back about cleaning the trackball. all they did was take the phone and pretty vigorously rub the trackball on a pad of white paper and it was good as new. if you can find the post it has a video. Im also using nonsensikal 13.7 and found that i wasnt receiving messages for about 15 min and then i would get all the missed messaged at one time. idk if its a ROM issue or what but after a reset i had no problems.

11. knitpurlgurl

I also downloaded v13.7 and flashed it but then read on XDA that Sikyou forgot that he (I'm assuming Sikyou is a he) had put it on the grdlock.net site as he was testing it. v13.2 is the latest actual version. I had severe SMS/MMS issues with 13.7, but after reading the post on XDA, I flashed 13.2 and have been fine since.

12. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member

nonsensikal is my favorite 2.1, but I mostly use CELB Froyo.

I'm a big fan of all the customization CM offers (custom LED notification for any app, lockscreen gestures, quiet times, power widget built into the notification bar) it's all very nice.