Question from a newbie...Support

Last Updated:

1. ilathwel

ilathwel New Member This Topic's Starter

I've only had my HTC Wildfire a few days but it seems like the phone I've been wishing for.

One question though - I'd like to put stuff on the SD card over WiFi - rather than plugging in the lead. Is this possible? I know it can be done as TuneSync does it - but this maybe an exception. It's on the same network as the Wildfire can get out I just want to be able to see it from my Windows 7 PC.

Many thanks if anyone can help.

Ian

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Look into dropbox or homepipe. You can even use these when not on the network.

Astro file manager has an SMB module plugin that allows you to browse your LAN from your phone.

ilathwel likes this.
  3. ilathwel

> Astro file manager has an SMB module plugin that allows you to browse your LAN from your phone.

I've tried getting this but my Astro says Please Install the ASTRO SMB module, I click on Market and then get there are no matches for the search com.metago.astro.smb. I can't find it anywhere in the Market.

Dropbox and homepipe seem like ways to download to your phone when you need to. I don't really need this - I just need a way to transfer from PC to phone and phone to PC.

4. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

EStrongs file explorer will do this.

When you install it suggest that you install two other free apps too. This is entirely optional. You can copy to and from your wLAN without these.

I think Linda File manager can probably do this too, if I remember right.

ilathwel likes this.
  5. ilathwel

OK EStrongs seems really good - but I still can't get it to work as it wants a username/password - I don't have a password for my user. Do I need to set another user up with a password to access it?

6. ilathwel

Just setup a new user with password which works, is there a way to do it otherwise.

Thanks for everyone's help.

7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Search for "Astro SMB"