• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question from a newbie...

I've only had my HTC Wildfire a few days but it seems like the phone I've been wishing for.

One question though - I'd like to put stuff on the SD card over WiFi - rather than plugging in the lead. Is this possible? I know it can be done as TuneSync does it - but this maybe an exception. It's on the same network as the Wildfire can get out I just want to be able to see it from my Windows 7 PC.

Many thanks if anyone can help.

Ian

> Astro file manager has an SMB module plugin that allows you to browse your LAN from your phone.

I've tried getting this but my Astro says Please Install the ASTRO SMB module, I click on Market and then get there are no matches for the search com.metago.astro.smb. I can't find it anywhere in the Market.

Dropbox and homepipe seem like ways to download to your phone when you need to. I don't really need this - I just need a way to transfer from PC to phone and phone to PC.

Upvote 0
> Astro file manager has an SMB module plugin that allows you to browse your LAN from your phone.

I've tried getting this but my Astro says Please Install the ASTRO SMB module, I click on Market and then get there are no matches for the search com.metago.astro.smb. I can't find it anywhere in the Market.

Dropbox and homepipe seem like ways to download to your phone when you need to. I don't really need this - I just need a way to transfer from PC to phone and phone to PC.

Search for "Astro SMB"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones