• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question from a noob...

Liberation

May 13, 2010
I was watching a video and it was comparing the size of the HD2 and EVO and when the phones were side by side with the home screens showing...clouds were flowing through the HD2 and I absolutely loved it! Obviously, it's a reflection of the weather in that city but I haven't seen that on an Android unless you go into the weather widget.

So, can I get my EVO to show weather patterns on my home screen like that as well or is it just a Windows Mobile thing?

I was watching a video and it was comparing the size of the HD2 and EVO and when the phones were side by side with the home screens showing...clouds were flowing through the HD2 and I absolutely loved it! Obviously, it's a reflection of the weather in that city but I haven't seen that on an Android unless you go into the weather widget.

So, can I get my EVO to show weather patterns on my home screen like that as well or is it just a Windows Mobile thing?

Yep! It's actually an HTC thing. HTC puts a custom interface on their devices called HTC Sense and it has cool stuff like that. They have it for Windows Mobile and Android. The EVO will come with Sense enabled.

Upvote 0
Already setup for you.
For example, it was raining here yesterday. When I turned on my EVO, it showed rain falling, and a windshield wiper cleared it. It is automatic. No setup required.

I hope my Evo 4G comes with good windshield wiper. I would hate to have it rain and not be able to see my screen because my windshield wiper just smears the water all over.

Upvote 0
Yes my HTC TP2 did that and I loved it. When I 1st saw the windsheild wiper I was like that is too cute. And I was hoping it would be on the EVO also. It's Cool! Mine just shows up on the home screen on my TP2 I believe. I sold my TP2 today Yeah! Come on EVO!

Already setup for you.
For example, it was raining here yesterday. When I turned on my EVO, it showed rain falling, and a windshield wiper cleared it. It is automatic. No setup required.

Upvote 0
They need to have tornado animation that blows your icons away during a tornado warning.

jerry-jones.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones