Question from a Rookie

Last Updated:

1. Sideshowbob492

Sideshowbob492 Member This Topic's Starter

Long time lurker, first time poster haha.

So last night I was sitting in a recliner when my droid fell into the beast, and when it came out the screen was cracked. So not only did it fall out of my pocket but I turned down buying insurance on it AND I had taken off the screen protector. All of my rookie mistakes are used up at this point.

Anyways, my question is about which phone I should replace it with. Another member of my plan is letting me use their upgrade at the end of the month so should I get the regular Droid for $50 (after rebate) or do I go for the Droid X for $100? Does the Droid X have anything I really need? I don't shoot video with my phone or anything.

Thanks Guys

Advertisement
  2. Roll-Tide

Roll-Tide Well-Known Member

Droid X, why not? Only $50 more and it's the latest and greatest....I say go for it.

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

The "latest & greatest" is almost never a good reason to move on to a newer product. Go to the store and test drive the new models, and then make up your own mind. :)

4. Roll-Tide

How long did you wait before you purchased your Droid? Even if you had waited until after it had been out for a while, it's still the same phone...new design and all. So, when you look at it that way what's the difference?

5. Sideshowbob492

Sideshowbob492 Member This Topic's Starter

I got mine pretty soon after it came out. I really like my Droid, I just wanted to see what you guys thought about the X and if it would be a better option.

6. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

I agree with this. The X will be a great phone. However, the Droid will still continue to be a great phone (especially if you're rooted). Stop by a store on the 15th and check it out and make a decision from there.

7. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Not much to say other than +1 for this.

8. Roll-Tide

I still don't get what the difference is....but ok.

9. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

I concur, +1 for this.

10. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Get the X. I agree with Joe that getting the latest and greatest isnt always the best way to go but buying outdated hardware isnt a great way to go either. I love my droid but if you dont need a hardware keyboard and are not rooted(we dont know how fast the X will be rooted. Some are claiming it already is) then the Droid really has nothing over the X. Its bigger, faster, more ram, more internal storage, better camera, has HDMI out, etc.