Question-How to order photos in a file?

Last Updated:

1. aHab76

aHab76 New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to control the order of photos in a file? I set the order of the photos that I want, but they are reordered in the phone. I'm trying to set up a particular slideshow.

Alternatively, does anyone know what order the phone uses to display photos? Logically, it might be by date the picture was taken, but that does not seem to be the case.

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

It should be Numerical/alphabetical using the actual name of the file. Example: File name IMAG0001 would go before IMAG0002.

aHab76 likes this.
  3. aHab76

Thanks, but that does not seem to be the case. I named the files in numerical order (1 thru 22), then tried alphabetical order (a thru v). In both cases they appeared in the same order, but it was not the file name order.

4. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

aHab76 likes this.
  5. aHab76

Thank you. I'm not sure this is the solution to my problem. I looked at the site and 3 things caught my eye:
    1. It appears that this is for pictures taken by the camera in the phone. I'm trying to work with photos I import from other cameras.
    2. The site specifically says "Droid Incompatible."
    3. The user comments suggest that it does not work with newer versions of the OS beyond 1.6.

6. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

7. aHab76

Yes, specifically, the Android Incredible. It's a great phone, and they kept sending me rebates due to their slow response in filling the order, so my final price was around $25. Can't beat that.

I have downloaded Photoshop Express for Android, but I have not had a chance to play with it to see if it fixes my problem. When I do, I'll let you know how things come out.