[Question:] HTC Dream: Unlocked GSM price? // Canadian carrierGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Arjun

Arjun New Member This Topic's Starter

From what I've heard the HTC Dream will be released on T-Mobile sometime within October.

I have 2 questions:

1.) Is there any word as to who is going to carry this awesome phone in Canada? Will it be Telus? or Bell? or Rogers?

2.) How much do you think the phone will run for unlocked a little after its release date?

Advertisement
    codesplice likes this.
  2. ohzopants

ohzopants Member

I have the same questions... although I'm really hoping for a flip handset from motorola or samsung.

I'm guessing that if you can get your hands on an unlocked one it would work just fine on Rogers' network. They are the only GSM network in Canada. HTC would have to make special ones just for it to work on Bell's or Telus' networks.

You may also want to wait for Globalive's network to be up and running (probably by next summer), they seem keen on having better rates and offering a lot more freedom then the current cartel members. You should check out their website at www.wirelesssoapbox.com (I don't work for them or anything like that, I just really, really hate the current companies)