Question I returned my Fascinate but......

Last Updated:

1. Baldycmw

Baldycmw Active Member This Topic's Starter

I had call quality issues with my Fascinate and wanted to exchange for another but tested the display model in the store and it had the same distorted ear piece so I paid the restocking fee and got an Incredible,but I would like to go back to the Fascinate. The Incredible has terrible battery life even with a 3500mah battery and I miss the Fascinate. Will Verizon let me go back? I paid full retail.

Advertisement
  2. esn

esn Well-Known Member

No you have to wait a few days there is only one change. I have the Fascinated with no issues at all call quality is great.

3. Baldycmw

Have to wait a few days? Then what? Can't pay the $35 again and go back?

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Doesn't verizon give u a 30 day period?

5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Your only supposed to get one exchange within 30 days. IF you had call quality issue with the first one then you should have been able to flat out return or exchange it with no charge. I have done it many times. if you payed the restocking fee and exchanged it that counts as you one exchange within 30 days.

You should have flat out returned it and started a new 30 return period when purchasing the Incredible :(

6. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

U should have no issues returning it at all...But first I would call customer care, and just say your having some issues with your device like call quality issues. Let them note the account, and then just visit a store and do an exchange. Remember more bees with honey, be cool and you should have no trouble. I've done plenty of returns, some even after 30 days, mainly its the Managers call.

7. eson126

eson126 Member

I switched from an Incredible => Fascinate because the battery life was TERRIBLEzors =(

I've never got through with the customer reps, but I suggest talking to the manager.

8. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

Honestly, no rant on the OP, but just call Verizon when you have questions like this, don't post it. But you are allowed only 1 exchange in the 30 day period. Most likely they will not let you exchange again unless you raise hell.

9. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't the person post questions? That's what a forum is for, to ask questions, answer questions and so on. And honestly you don't have to raise hell at all. I've done plenty of multiple exchanges with vzw, at&t, and Sprint, yes more then one inside 30 days, way more. But that's not the point of my post, somebody looking for info should not hear don't post, not cool man. Especially when the wrong info is being givin out! You can do more then one exchange, you just have to know how, and that's what were all here for...to help eachother out...

10. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Agreed, next move should be to call *611 they are usually very helpful

11. Baldycmw

I went ahead and added another line to the account. Got another Fascinate from Best Buy mobile for $149. Now I will sell the incredible. I am glad I got the Fascinate back.

12. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

yeah 1 return within 30 days so maybe they will feel sorry for you

13. jamesnmandy

jamesnmandy Well-Known Member

there are grey areas in that policy. it is not very well spelled out, haven't actually seen a "once worry free exchange" policy in writing yet. went to VZW's site and read about it, it mentioned no limits.

i know this because i recently got the wife and i Blackberry Curve's when they were on the two for $20 deal......and they sucked bad..... so after a couple weeks i called up VZW and told them as much and we agreed to get the BOGO LG Ally Android phones which turned out to be much nicer.....

my wife still has her Ally and is fine with it, she is not a power user, it works for her, and she insists on a physical QWERTY keyboard...fine...but mine started going bonkers and rebooting when being used hard, etc........so i called them up, told them

here's what happened, even though i had already sent off my rebate for $100 on the Ally and even though i had already used my worry free guarantee, they allowed me to swap phones again....but instead of doing a defective swap i paid the $35 restocking fee and they sent me the new Fascinate which is leaps and bounds better than the Ally was on its best day....

the guy told me they weren't supposed to do it, but because the previous rep i spoke with who told me i could swap again documented it in her call notes, he did it. he did quote the "only one time" on the worry free exchange deal. and when i pressed him for the source....as in..."where is this stated?" he had no explanation

he even put me on hold a a few minutes to find it and couldn't and he was not new at all. he got a little crappy with me and told me he was sure it is written somewhere in the mouse type of the agreement but that he was going to bring it to his supervisor's attention that it's not anywhere easy to see...even for someone looking for it...and that they should change that

so it can happen

14. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

You are allowed ONE exchange within that 30 days and it is very clearly spelled out in the return policy. I have been through the hoops on more than one occasion and actually had escalated trouble tickets due to their refusal to exchange more than once within the 30 day WFG.

Fact of the matter is that they dont have to let you exchange more than once within the 30 day period and if they make an exception consider yourself lucky.

Exchange New Merchandise

New and Certified Pre-Owned wireless devices and accessories may be exchanged within 30 days. You are permitted to make ONE exchange. A restocking fee of $35 applies to all wireless device exchanges (excluding Hawaii).

Return Policy - Verizon Wireless

jayjay1122 likes this.
  15. makemehavefun

makemehavefun Well-Known Member

I know this much is true... if you receive a unit that is defective like my first two Fascinates then it's regarded as "DOA"; you can swap it out for another one and get the restocking fee waived. I was flat out told this by three consecutive Verizon phone reps and another in tech support. The in-store Sales reps all knew this when I told them... none of 'em seemed surprised or even feigned ignorance. However, they all insisted on charging me the restocking fee on both occasions.

Long story short and lesson learned, if you can get someone from Verizon over the phone to concur with you that you have a defective product then they will "note" it as DOA and send you a new one without a restocking fee. If you prefer not to wait for them to send it to you and pick one up from one of their corporate stores... just let them charge the restocking fee to your account and it will be waived by the phone rep you spoke to.

I asked for and was given the option to try the Fascinate once more or go with the DX without a restocking fee. If you've been given a defective unit more than once and wish to change over to another model than getting it without paying the restocking fee can be done.

btw, each instance that I swapped out my Fascinates, restarted my "30 days" as they were both noted as DOA.

16. PJnc284

PJnc284 Well-Known Member

What you're referring to is multi-fru which Verizon no longer "officially" does. It's going to be up to the manager or supervisor's discretion to allow you to switch to another device all together.

17. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member

Grrrrr.... I've heard that BBY is going to offer the Fascinate free on Friday for new/upgrade. What do I do about that? Return and pay $35 restocking? Argg... I know it's not the same boat as OP, but similar. Soooo frustrated, but I wanted to have that phone so bad.

It wouldn't have mattered to me if the Eris wasn't such a nightmare of a phone. I didn't know about roms, rooting, etc. back when I had the Eris. That phone seriously kept me up at night and even made me, a grown man, cry like a baby. I actually threw it once in anger. Luckily it bounced harmlessly off a car seat. But boy that phone made me mad. That's why I couldn't wait to get out of it.

18. WARRIIOR

WARRIIOR Well-Known Member

They have group meetings for this...lol.

19. makemehavefun

makemehavefun Well-Known Member

Where do I sign up?