Question/idea about getting root on stock Incredible with the OTA update.

Last Updated:

1. Hanger84

Hanger84 New Member This Topic's Starter

So, I just got my DInc a few days ago and they did the OTA update at the store while setting up my phone. After 4 days of searching and trying to downgrade, I think I may have found, or figured out a way to downgrade to stock 2.2 without having s=off.

First thing is, the 2nd video on this thread shows how to downgrade if you did the unofficial/leaked OTA update, and provides a link for the files. Basically it seems to be a way to downgrade the hboot.

My question is this....if I was to follow that guide and do the down grade that way, would it be possible to the update zip from here, or use the one from this forum here, without basically bricking the phone?

I've rooted my fiances Droid 2 without any problems, and I've done a great deal of console modding and checking out firmware in computers and consoles and from what I gather, it seems that this would work in downgrading from the OTA update and being able to get root and not have problems. My problem is that I don't know much about the DInc enough to try it without an input from people that do know.

Any thoughts or ideas? Or anyone willing to try it and let me know? lol

Advertisement