Question - Is it possible to connect an Android phone to external touch screen?

Last Updated:

1. optimusprime

optimusprime New Member This Topic's Starter

and use the touch screen to control the application? I have explored a couple of avenues but nothing seem to work. I haven't even managed to get the display showing on a the touch screen.

1) the HTC touch pro video out cable doesn't work for HTC Dream.

2) i haven't a clue if this can be done via blue tooth. the problem with bluetooth is that its one to one. if i get the video output to go via blue tooth, then i can't really use BT for anything else, can I?

So i was just wondering if some of smarter folks out there know of a better way (wifi may be?) to achieve this?

Apologies if i have posted this in the wrong forum. Please feel free to move it to the right forum. I shall learn the ways of this forum....

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Can not be done ... current USB port would not support such a device ... except maybe through the SDK and Eclipse in development mode ...

3. coolbigmacdaddyo

coolbigmacdaddyo New Member

justjimjpc
    It has been a while since the last post on this question. has there been any headway to be able to use an external touch screen with the droid such as the HTC? With the HDMI out, I could see potential uses for this type of capability. I understand that the USB may not be able to support this, but I have not seen anything on this development. Can we expect something like this in the near future?

Thanks