• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question - Moving from old tablet to new

Hi, all. I just discovered this forum and this is my first post here. I just ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro to replace my old Moto XOOM-FE, and will need to move everything to the new tablet.
Is there a tutorial or guide, or app anywhere that will help facilitate the process?
I've found an app, "mybackup pro" that looks like it may help, but I'm sure there's more to it.
Anyway, this looks like a great place to spend a lot of time, and thanks for all the good info.

Chuck

Hey Chuck and welcome to the most helpful Android Forums in the world
I'm guessing you don't know what 'rooting' means in Android terms?
Doesn't matter though. What is it that you wanna move to the Samsung? Pics, tunes, etc?
Apps is easy unless you want to transfer those app's data, settings, game progress, etc but it's possible so let us know.
One thing you CANT do is transfer the whole tablet to the new one like you can on an iPhone just because it's a completely different machine :thumbup::beer:

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
once you log into your google account, you'll be able to download them all again. the actual transferring of the apps themselves from one device to another is not so easy, and in many cases can't be done at all, if they are paid apps.

media....vids and music...just copy them over to your pc. and then from there you can put them onto your new device.

data? not sure at all if moving data over is possible at all. don't think so, but maybe someone knows.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones