Question: NFS:Shift 2 vs Dirt 3

1. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

I was looking to find a way to get gran turismo on my PC, but that ended early when I couldn't get a PS3 BIOS :(

I was told that the next best thing was NFS: Shift 2 Unleashed. Lookign on steam, I don't really want to pay the £20 it costs, btu does this look ok ?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Need-Speed-Shift-Unleashed-DVD/dp/B004GNGB0K

If i have the dvd, can i download it and play it through steam without the disk?

And I don't mind paying the extra 25p by not getting it in the summer sale :p

Advertisement
    :
  2. dibblebill

dibblebill Well-Known Member

It will download via Origins, but not Steam, if you get it from 3rd party source, I believe. EA Games is really touchy about Steam.
  3. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

So the only way I'd be able to play it w/o DVD is to buy it from Steam/Origin.... Will have to wait for the summer sale then :p
  4. dibblebill

Origin SUPPOSEDLY lets you activate ANY EA CD Key on it, purchased via Origins or not. Do some research on it, I'm not sure. So if you bought it on DVD, you SHOULD be able to activate it for no charge and downlaod it via Origins.
  5. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Dirt 3 is on sale now, for just 24 hours. Worth getting over NFS?
  6. dibblebill

Apples to Oranges. NFS:Shift 2 is an excellent ROAD RACE simulator. Dirt 3 is almost all off-road rally races. I love both.
  7. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Having seen GRID and the fact that GRID 2 is coming soon, I might wait for that and get either a Dirt game (2 or 3) or maybe WRC3 :-D
  8. dibblebill

Well, GRID and Shift are substantially different. Shift focuses on simulation, Grid is much more arcadish in many ways.
  9. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Would Shift 2 be a decent GT-like game then?

Thinking about getting WRC3 or DIRT 2 as well ^_^
  10. dibblebill

Shift is very much like Gran Turismo or Forza. I haven't played GT, but here's my comparison of Forza and Shift. I also have a youtube channel, I'll link you some gameplay videos.

Dibble's Nibbles: How to Make a Near Perfect Racing Sim

And all these are me playing, I need to record new ones (I have a series with EVERY single non-race car in the game- I left out all the race-spec'd cars, only standards).
    Audi R8 (V8) - Brathurst/Mount Panorama - YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niD4IDzLQxw&feature=share&list=UU5AKqakOhNE-1dQRVfZw5Wg
    Nordschleife in a Zonda R (Shift 2 Unleashed) - YouTube
    Mehta23 likes this.