Question on Application updates

Last Updated:

1. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I'm new to Android.
    What happens when there are updates available to apps that I've installed from the market, and the pre-installed apps?
    Do I have to update it manually, and how? Or do they get updated automatically?

I read that a new version of Google Maps is out, but I don't know how to update. My version does not display driving directions. :(

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. PARAD0X

PARAD0X Well-Known Member

Just go to the market, click on the downloads tab. All updates will appear in there.

Froyo a new update coming soon will allow the user to update apps in one go instead of one by one.

g4rvd4 likes this.
  3. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

the apps with updates available will have orange text next to them in the market app, just click the app then click update and confirm any following pages that warn about the apps access to system functions etc. the new version will download and install over the existing version.

g4rvd4 likes this.
  4. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

You'll also get a notification icon appear; pull down the notification bar and it will list the update(s). Click on them from there and i'll update too.

5. dajomel

dajomel Well-Known Member

As the guys above have said, it's straight forward from the Market. I just tend to pop on each day, go to the Downloads tab and see what ones need updating.

One little word of warning is that it's advisable to just quickly read the last few comments that other users have left because one or two Apps have been updated and then subsequently not worked as should on certain devices. This isn't that common but just a little advisory :)

6. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys..