Question on billing EVO purchase to account, activation fees

Last Updated:

1. Carioca_FL

Carioca_FL Member This Topic's Starter

I've had Sprint for just about two years, and for both my old Treo 755p and my current Pre, I've been able to bill both phones on my account, at a Sprint store.

Just wanting to be safe (and an excuse to finally register and post!), I've got a couple of questions:

- Anything differently on the EVO's launch that won't allow it to be billed to an existing (upgrade) account? I'm VIP status, with no usage limits (which most should be anyway)

- How about RadioShack? I've been told Best Buy doesn't allow it, you have to pay it by card/cash, but I'm not sure about RS. If RS allows that, their instant rebate policy makes it a winner for me.

- Any activation fees? I'm eligible for an upgrade around the EVO's launch date (got the Pre at launch, on June 6th last year, so I guess I have to wait til the 6th of June this year, right?), and I don't recall paying for an activation fee on the Pre.

- Finally, anyone got details on Sprint's 30 day guarantee? I'm very biased towards webOS (Pre) and the EVO would be my first Android. Is there a restocking fee or any other gotchas?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. BigRick10

BigRick10 Well-Known Member

- Anything differently on the EVO's launch that won't allow it to be billed to an existing (upgrade) account? I'm VIP status, with no usage limits (which most should be anyway)
    Sprint has not mentioned anything so i assume you can.

- How about RadioShack? I've been told Best Buy doesn't allow it, you have to pay it by card/cash, but I'm not sure about RS. If RS allows that, their instant rebate policy makes it a winner for me.
    RS can not bill it to your account either.

- Any activation fees? I'm eligible for an upgrade around the EVO's launch date (got the Pre at launch, on June 6th last year, so I guess I have to wait til the 6th of June this year, right?), and I don't recall paying for an activation fee on the Pre.
    Fee is waived if you order online from the Sprint website.

- Finally, anyone got details on Sprint's 30 day guarantee? I'm very biased towards webOS (Pre) and the EVO would be my first Android. Is there a restocking fee or any other gotchas?
    If you buy it from Sprint i think there is a restocking fee. Not sure about the others.

Carioca_FL likes this.
  3. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I believe its from any Sprint authorized dealers. As long as it's within 30 days, there is no restocking fee, cancellation fee and no fee for anything already used. It's a pretty good

Carioca_FL likes this.
  4. Carioca_FL

Thanks! So the activation fee is only if it's purchased online?

Guess I'll be getting at a Sprint store, then. Just need to check if I can get it at launch or would have to wait til the 6th...

5. BigRick10

BigRick10 Well-Known Member

Sorry i meant the fee is waived if you buy online.

6. Carioca_FL

Oh, that changes things... yet again. :(

I'm not in a huge hurry to get this phone (thank God; I remember when the Pre came out it was quite the frenzy), so I'd rather save the activation fee and get the phone shipped.

Unless the shipping fee is comparable to the activation fee... Oh jeez, head's spinning now, going to bed.

Thanks!!

7. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

you can call into account services and/or email sprint and ask if you can get the fee waived. that is also an option.

8. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

If you are just returning the phone, that may be true. But if you are exchanging, there IS a $35 restocking fee.

9. Zardos

Zardos Well-Known Member

I did a 2 upgrades this year at Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Took them both back within 30 days. Had to wait for the EVO. No restocking fees and when the upgrade fee was applied to my account I just called up customer service and they took it off for being a Premier member.

I don't buy from Sprint stores anymore, Mail in rebates are garbage, and so are restocking fees.

10. JoshHuman

JoshHuman Member

I also got the Pre on June 6th last year and I am eligible for an upgrade come June 1st. I plan on getting the evo on the 4th.

11. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

Sprint Premier customers pay no upgrade fees.

12. jloyac1

jloyac1 Member

Are you allowed to purchase in store and bill to account? Or does it have to be through online ordering to bill it? I dont get paid till NEXT friday, and dont think I can wait till then...Does Sprint.com usually start allowing orders for new phones on launch day or is there a delay to getting it from sprint.com??? Any thoughts would be appreciated

13. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

I have always bought them in the store and they have billed my account and if they get my account fixed then I will be doing that again on friday.

14. HeyEng

HeyEng Well-Known Member

You should be able to bill it @ the store provided you don't have a spending limit. Also, you will be able to order it on sprint.com on the 4th. I have heard as early as midnight, but I don't know that for sure.

15. jloyac1

jloyac1 Member

Nice, well I guess ill just check the site after 12 and if not ill go in in the morning. Oh I am too happy to be upgrading from this curve.
    Thanks