Question on getting EVO from Bestbuy and getting company discount.

Last Updated:

1. Lindseybp

Lindseybp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm going to be switching carriers to get the EVO. Both the company I work for and the company my wife works for get a discount on monthly Sprint service. Can I get the phone at BestBuy and also get my discount applied to the monthly service there? If not can I still get the phone at BB and just call or stop into a sprint store to get the discount added?

Also, my wife needs a separate bill so she can get reimbursed through work. Since her discount is bigger than mine would we be able to get a totally separate line in my name using her discount? (We can't share minutes as her company won't allow her to do that and get reimbursed.)

Thanks in advance for any help you folks can provide.

Advertisement
  2. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

If you buy it from the sprint store or bestbuy, you need to log on to your account after you buy the phone and add your discount online. When I got my tour I was told they could not handle the discount in the sprint store and YOU had to apply it online. It is really easy to do, just log on with the account info given at the store, add your work email and discount code, if you need it, and hit ok. It will then show up. If you are renewing at best buy they will not change the discount, but if they did it would take 10 secs to add it back on.

3. Lindseybp

Lindseybp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info RiverofIce. I didn't realize it was so easy to log into your account and get the discount applied. If the phone is in my name I wonder if I could still get my wife's larger discount by using her work email and discount code? Not sure if they really care.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Yes, you can get it from Best Buy. I doubt they will be able to add the discount, but you can surely just call sprint after and get it, shoudnt take more than a few minutes.

I'm pretty sure any discounts are applied to the whole account, so your wife's bigger discount can be applied to both lines. If you do get both lines on one account, you will not get a separate bill, but will be able to distinguish usage between the two phones.

5. rockman1117

rockman1117 Well-Known Member

If you add a discount, it probably won't appear on your first month; it usually takes a couple cycles to show up. When I did it for my account, it did not show up for 2 cycles. When I added it for my mom, it showed up the next one, so YMMV.

6. kevinrs

kevinrs Well-Known Member

meh, just buy it at radioshack, they do the discount when they set up the account, just be sure they start by doing it, even before the credit check. They are also doing evo guaranteed pre-orders.