• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

question on GPS locator

jtyl85

Lurker
Oct 19, 2009
Do i have to turn on "wireless network" and "enable gps satellites" to locate my position? bcuz it seems if i just "enable gps satellites" it wont locate where i am. Is there anyway to solve this such as dl a app or is there something im doing wrong?!

thank you

Will have a test later when I am out & about - the two should be completely independent of each other......all that should happen, is that the mobile network will quickly find your approximate position & when the GPS link is established (can take up to half a minute), your precise location is identified.

Don't forget, you need to be outside of most buildings with a clear view of the sky.

Upvote 0
i guess tat explain it since im visiting china hahah w/ heavy polluted clouds..it gets bad signals...at least i knw GPS & wireless network dont need to be enable at the same time and tat they are independent stuff, since i hv a n95 b4 n i need to hv data service do hv my map working...!! now i know its not broken or nething...

thx for your info!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones