Question on microSD cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. matt3618

matt3618 New Member

Ran into a little problem with my 16 GB card ... it didn't update to show the requisite space after I deleted a bunch of big files to clear up space when it was nearly full, so after screwing around with it unsuccessfully for a while I erased it using OS X Lion's Disk Utility tool. Annnd now the card doesn't show up at all when I plug the phone in via USB, although the DInc's internal storage still shows up. When I eject and disconnect the phone's storage, my phone briefly says "SD card error" in the notification area.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Format the card again.
  3. matt3618

matt3618 New Member

I would but the card literally doesn't show up at all. Not in Finder, not in Disk Utilities. Can't see it at all on the computer. And yes, I realize this is a series of noobish questions, so I appreciate you patience.
  4. sdrawkcab25

Do you have a card reader? Or any other device that can accept the card then plug into the computer? A sd card slot on your computer?
  5. matt3618

matt3618 New Member

Ok, tried that. It says "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." Says the format is MS-DOS (FAT) and won't let me repair (says "Repairing volume failed: Unrecognized file system") but gives me options to erase and reformat as either that, Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled), or ExFAT.
  6. sdrawkcab25

Erase and format as fat.
  7. matt3618

matt3618 New Member

Seems to have worked. Thanks brother.