Question on microSD cardSupport

Last Updated: 2011-10-23 23:14:50
  1. matt3618

matt3618 New Member

Ran into a little problem with my 16 GB card ... it didn't update to show the requisite space after I deleted a bunch of big files to clear up space when it was nearly full, so after screwing around with it unsuccessfully for a while I erased it using OS X Lion's Disk Utility tool. Annnd now the card doesn't show up at all when I plug the phone in via USB, although the DInc's internal storage still shows up. When I eject and disconnect the phone's storage, my phone briefly says "SD card error" in the notification area.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Format the card again.
  3. matt3618

matt3618 New Member

I would but the card literally doesn't show up at all. Not in Finder, not in Disk Utilities. Can't see it at all on the computer. And yes, I realize this is a series of noobish questions, so I appreciate you patience.
  4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Do you have a card reader? Or any other device that can accept the card then plug into the computer? A sd card slot on your computer?
  5. matt3618

matt3618 New Member

Ok, tried that. It says "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." Says the format is MS-DOS (FAT) and won't let me repair (says "Repairing volume failed: Unrecognized file system") but gives me options to erase and reformat as either that, Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled), or ExFAT.
  6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Erase and format as fat.
  7. matt3618

matt3618 New Member

Seems to have worked. Thanks brother.