1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Question on Note2 screen res comapred to S3 ?General

1. Zorachus

Zorachus Member

I have a question on the Note II, what makes it so much better than the Galaxy S III ? I know the spec's, that's not my point, I mean the bigger screen size.

The S III is 4.8" 720p, and the Note II is 5.5" 720p too right ? Do both phones have the exact same resolution ? So if going to a 5.5" 720p screen, are we not getting more screen real estate on that larger screen over the S III ? If not, whats the point of the larger screen ?

Would be like a 24" monitor at 1920 x 1200res compared to a 30" at 2560 x 1600res, but the 30" would still just be 1920 x 1200, if the Note II has the same resolution as the S III ? There is no extra benefit of the larger 5.5" screen if it is still the same resolution as the S III ? Sure things will look larger on the Note II compared to the S III, but are we getting more icons, or more widgets on screen with the Note II, than what the S III would have ?

Advertisement
  2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

The resolution on both the S3 and Note 2 are the same. However, the S3 because of the smaller screen has a higher pixel density compared to the Note 2. In terms of display, there's no real difference except a bigger screen to view things on.

The real difference would be the battery capacity (a whopping 3100 mAh), 2GB RAM (should increase performance) and improved S-Pen support.

For the international version, the CPU clock speed is bumped up a little faster than the S3. Though, in real life application, it will be neglible and hardly noticeable. But coupled with 2GB RAM, there may be the feel of increased performance.

I'm going to assume that the Note 2 for the NA market will be the same as the S3, snapdragon dual-core with LTE compatibility.
  3. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

If they use the same dual S4 MSM8960 used in GS3 in US, that would be big disappointment for Note 2. Now new S4 Pro with a lot more powerful Adreno 320 GPU is coming soon in Optimus G and new HTC 5" phablet. It works with LTE and can be either dual or quad processor. Note 2 in US should have that processor at least if not Exynos.