• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question on root process

Musclehead84

Dec 16, 2009
I have a question about the root directions I'm going to use. I'm going tom root and also install clockwork mod. I understand all the directions until i get to the part that says "Extract One click root v2.4.0 w/Clockwork and run the file "run.bat". The Windows command prompt will come up and the process will start. " I want to make sure I know what to do before I start this process and I don't know exactly how to do this. My guess is open up run on my computernand enter run.bat. Is that right or what? I know it might be a dumb question but I dont want to mess this up.

I am a noob and I REALLY want to root my phone. I really like the idea of installing custom ROMs on my phone and removing sprint bloatware. After installing the update.zip file that had the froyo leak here at phandroid, that sparked an intense desire to do more with my phone. Why wait for updates that take months? I just had a blast updating my phone manually..although is was extremely simple to do...

In a few days I will attempt to root my phone using the link provided in this thread. Is there any advice on what not to do? Is there anything in the rooting software that I should check/uncheck that isn't covered?

Upvote 0
Best advice I can offer is to read, read, read, read, read, ask questions, read, read, read, read, ask more questions.... and when you are ready to try it, reread and ask more questions.

There is a LOT you can mess up by having root (i.e. admin) access and risk bricking your phone (rare but it happens).

Know the risk, feel comfortable with the process and ask lots of questions about what you read.

Epic 4G Android Development - xda-developers is a great site that is full of information but they don't take to nicely to new users usually :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones