• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question on S5 into Aux in Car

I just upgraded from an S4 where I used to listen to the phone by plugging it into the Aux jack of my car. I could use the car as a speaker phone and the microphone of the phone would pick up my voice. Now, the new phone seems to have the microphone turned off when I plug it in. Is there anyway I might turn it back on, or do I have to figure something else out when someone calls as I am driving?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue, I've been using an s2 up until getting the s5 this week, same thing, i play my music thru the car stereo and can hear calls thru car speakers and the mic on the phone picks up my voice(S2) but on the S5 everything is the same except mic is dead with the aux cable in. I've had a look thru the settings but cant find anything obvious...did you get your issue sorted?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones