Question on Seido 1750Accessories

Last Updated:

1. hilbs80

hilbs80 Member This Topic's Starter

Tried to search, sorry if I missed. Just got this battery few days ago and now charging it in the phone for the initial time. Have noticed that with the phone power off - still seeing the indicator light as red. When I turned on the phone, though, indicator is green and even though still plugged in the battery indicator on the screen is not showing the "charging" symbol as it does with the stock battery. Anyone else notice this?

Advertisement
  2. clarithromycin

clarithromycin Active Member

it does this with the stock battery as well. i think you can only get a real full charge when your phone is turned off.

3. hilbs80

hilbs80 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks...can't say I remember the last time I looked actually - can't remember if with the stock battery and the phone on with indicator light green if the charge symbol will still appear in the actual battery meter - will have to take a look

4. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

For whatever reson the battery charges to true full when it's off I personally charge my batteries in an external charger and just swap them in and out my phone rarely sees a charger. I own the stock battery a TP2 and Seidio1750

5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I have thought about this as well. That is how I used to do it with my Touch Pro's but I just had 2 stock batteries for that. BUT I wonder if it will have ill effects on your battery gages conditioning to be swapping a 1300, 1500 and 1750 batteries on a regular basis?

6. Cichlid

Cichlid Member

What external charger are you using? I'm actually getting the Seidio before the phone, so it would be nice to have it charged and ready. Plus, I would be able to charge the stock battery while using the Seidio. Just talking myself into it I guess!

7. ChiTownJim

I purchused 2 TP2 batteries (they look authentic but who knows) that came with a generic charger and it works really well at charging the extra batteries but doesn't work to well using the USB port to charge the phone.

8. ChiTownJim

hmm , never thought about that. I'll have to keep a look out later down the road as of now I don't notice anything except the 1750 lasts the longest and the stock one the least time lol

If I notice anything in the future I'll be sure to post it up here.

Ohh and the only reason I have so many batteries is because of owning the Eris which had the worst battery life of any phone I've ever expierenced lol

GrandMasterB likes this.