Question on the weather dataGeneral

Last Updated:

1. usedtobeanyer

usedtobeanyer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For the weather icon that appears on the home screen, does anyone know if the high/low temps are the forecast high/lows for the day or the actual high/lows? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

You can test that by going outside.

Just kidding, the high/low temps reported on the app change with each update (the little plus sign on the left of the bar) therefore they would have to be the actual high and low temps "so far" in the day.

3. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

You sure ? Can't the forecasted high/low temps be adjusted as the day goes on ?

Otherwise, put in the same location at Accuweather (??) and see if things match.

4. Frisco

I was testing all this just now by going to the forecast temps for the days in several cities and then running the app; it appears your interpretation of how it works is the right one.

My take on it was wrong. If it were "so far" the highs would not make sense in just about all of the cities I tested, including where I live :eek:. lol..

Good eye on that, hallstevenson.

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

They should be the High/low that is specified by AccuWeather at the time of the update. To double check simply tap the word weather on the bottom bar and it will take you to AccuWeather's site. You can then put in a zipcode or select a city.

6. Frisco

Yeah, that's one of the things I discovered fooling around with it a bit ago. I also had National and Local Weather Forecast, Hurricane, Radar and Report up on my laptop here and was checking highs and lows in S.F., D.C., Boston and the town I live in.

Simple things like this sometimes get buried.. good to have discovered this, good question to see in here.