question on tmobile contract and rumor of att

Last Updated:

1. deel

deel Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i tried searching, but couldnt find anything on the topic. so my contract with ATT is up in early march, and i plan on getting the nexus one, i rather get it on contract. i dont want to outlay the $530, b/c you only save $100 over 2 years and tmobile is good in my area. so since i'm on contract, does anyone know if i can get the $180 version, and just pop in my ATT sim for 2 months? and then when march comes around do the official switch so i can get 3G. or will that not work at all

also, do you guys believe the rumor posted on engadget mobile saying that the nexus one is coming to att b/c of the fcc filing?

i guess my last option is verizon, which has good reception, but i'm tired of waiting and dont want it if verizon cant match tmobile's plan and price

i played with a friend's nexus one over the weekend, the only thing i didnt like was that i had to press the icons on the touchscreen more than once b/c it didnt register the first time. i didnt really use the 4 home screen buttons at the bottom, but i just really like the design of the phone

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Three

Three Well-Known Member

To answer your questions as best I can:

1) No I do not think that will work but I

3. deel

Thanks Three.

For the Verizon one, i'm pretty sure it does exist since the google.com/phone website says verizon in spring 2010. and i think you're right about #1, even though i was asking something slightly different. the only way is if i go unlocked. if i go with the 180, it looks like i have to get a plan right then and there and i dont want to pay for 2 plans even though i could try to fight to get off att without paying ETF

4. Three

Three Well-Known Member

Glad i could help, sort of. And i didn

5. afine1

afine1 Well-Known Member

if you get the phone for the 180 you have to sign up for tmobile. the answer to the question about using att is yes. you can pop in your sim. but you are still in a contract with tmobile and you are going to have to pay for that service whether you use the phone or not. or just wait one month for your att contract to end. honestly, if it is only 2 months left with att you may not be subject to any penalty to cancel. or if you are it will probably be a small fee. most companies do this. i think it became a federal law.

best thing to do is to wait two months and then sign up with tmobile. or just fork out an extra 160 plus tax for the tmobile bill. i think the cancel fee would be less.

6. deel

i couldnt wait any longer, i bought it on thursday night and figured, it's only a month that i'll be paying double. i could also use it as a trial period to see if i dont like it for some reason and can return it. the part that's killing me though is that i have to wait till monday to get it since i ordered it thursday night. stupid no saturday deliveries on their cheap over night delivery. today wouldve been a perfect day to play with it in nyc, too cold do go outside. att is the worst, they said that my contract is too old to be eligible for the declining etf program they have.

7. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

Careful, if your between "past 14 days" and "before 6 months" cancelling the N1 with T-Mobile runs you about $600.

8. geckojohn

geckojohn Member

What happens if you cancel your service before the 14 days? Do you still have to return the phone?

9. afine1

afine1 Well-Known Member

you can keep the phone, but if you got the subsidized rate you will have to pay the difference for the phone.

10. deel

just got it. i'm surprised how fast edge is on this, it's amazing! had no idea it would be this quick. oh well, guess i'm with t mobile since i went unsubsidized. i cant stand the dropped calls and late texts anymore