• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

question on verizon data usage on my account !

Your data usage won't always update immediately. It can take a while for reports from various towers/exchanges to get back to Verizon and be aggregated to your account. Sometimes, data also isn't reported until something ends the data session (like your phone going to sleep, being turned off, etc.), so that could also account for the difference. Finally, the total data count on your phone may also include data used on WiFi, which obviously won't show up on your Verizon bill.

Upvote 0
Hi guys !
I am a owner of Gnex on Verizon.
I want to know how often Verizon website updates my data usage.
As of right now, my phone used far more data than website said.
Maybe my phone is blessed lol ?
And is data usage on Verizon my account reliable?

The Android widget "My Verizon Data" when placed on one of my pages shows a date in the bottom that has an "as of" date for the data shown. Right now the actual date is 2:57am on t\1/4 and the "as of" date on my widget says 1/2. I don't know what time on 1/2 so it could be early or late on that date. Obviously it's only meant to be a rough guage to your data usage and will always be behind your actual data used.

Upvote 0
I put "my data manager free" on the daughters phone.... free in the market..... lets you set the date for your billing cycle then tells you exact to the second data useage which is seperated between mobile and wifi.... also lets you view exactly which programs are using exactly how much of that data....plus since she only has 4Gb of data... it lets you setup warning points etc... for instance I have hers set to notify her when she reaches 3Gb and 3.5Gb.... then turn off mobile @ 3.75

Reactions: sunflowernut
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones