Question on what drains battery the most?General

Last Updated:

1. DC-eris

DC-eris Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I'm new here and a new Eris owner ... had it now for about a week and love it so far. I've read through several of the threads here about the battery and best ways to conserve, and I've tried to apply them (and I appreciate the info I've been able to find here). I'm conditioning the battery now (fully drained/charged it a few times), have set the brightness down lower, turned off bluetooth & wifi, set email checking to 2 hrs rather than 15 minutes.

My question is about the effect on the battery of using facebook and peep/twitter as apps running on their own home screen. I have each of these two on their own screen so I can see updates ... but is this more draining on the battery than instead just having the apps as icons and then opening them up (meaning does this mean they are open all the time and draining battery)? Also, I have 3 email accounts setup but set to check every 2 hrs. Would this be more draining than just 1 email that checks every 30 minutes?

In my first few full battery cycles, I've had between 35-45 hrs of charge with medium amount of use (more browser and games than calls).

Thanks for any input, this form is great, glad to have found it!

Advertisement
  2. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

35-45 hours between charges? not much to complain about there..... if you used it a all..

3. DC-eris

DC-eris Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not complaining about my battery at all, from what I hear from others that's pretty good. But I don't really need to have facebook and twitter apps always open on their own screen, I don't use that much but thought it would be a fun feature. I guess I was wondering about their affect on the battery because if they do drain and it would be battery saving not to have them open on their own screen, I'd take them off and wouldn't miss them too much.

4. homer169

homer169 Well-Known Member

Having the phone turned on would be what drians it the most. Not having a signal would be number two.