• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question: Post 2.1 App Icon Font Resizing

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, so maybe it's just me.

After the 2.1 update, my home screen icon names are being displayed either in a larger font or at lower resolution or something. Many app names are being cut off. What's weird is that when viewed on the Program Apps page, they look fine, but when I add one to the home screen it becomes distorted, like it's being enlarged slightly.

I've tried just about everything short of a factory reset (several soft and hard reboots) but they still look odd. I didn't have this issue under 1.5 and I wonder whether others are seeing it or it's some quirk of my phone. Or whether there is some setting I'm not aware of that would correct this.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Update: I was playing around with Apps Organizer and found that if I create a folder/label group using that, the icons inside look as they do on the Program apps page (not distorted). Presumably it is doing something a bit differently than the OS.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones