Question re update, please be patient with me...General

Last Updated:

1. redfirefly

redfirefly Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone,

I am well aware that there is probably this info somewhere here, but I don't have the time to search through and I know that this may be a simple answer from the very well-informed people that frequent these forums.

I appreciate the help in advance!

I have the notice that the update is available for my Eris, and I *think* I've saved my "scene"...so I have a few questions before I do the update...

1- by saving the scene, is this all of the screens?
    2- All of my addresses/#s etc...how do I save all of this? I am very technically-challenged!
    3- Is there anything else I need to know before I accept/perform/let my phone perform the update?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

2. Your contacts should be safe if they're sync'd with Google. An easy to know this is go to your Gmail on your computer. On the left hand side, below your inbox, sent mail, etc., you should see contacts. Click on that. If it seems right, then after you to the update, your contacts will download automatically back onto your phone.

3. although you say you dont have time... do a search for backups. There are MANY qways to back up your apps. You will loose them all but are easy to re download.
    If you dont have many, just do the update, go to your downloads in the market, and they will all be there waiting for you.

1. Scenes? Not sure. probably should be the least of your worries.

3. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

Scenes will be lost after the update.

4. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

My wife saved her "scene" before the OTA upgrade, but it was gone after the upgrade. Not even in the list of scenes anymore.

5. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

6. Uconn123

Uconn123 New Member

I got the 2.1 update, was playing with the phone and now having a problem with my Contacts. All phone numbers for my contacts have been erased and the names are not appearing with phone numbers. It was fine originally when i upgraded. I do not have phone numbers on my Google contacts. Interesting, in my call logs, the names are still with the phone numbers. Anything i can do to get the numbers/names to match again?

7. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Your scenes will be wiped as well. Astro file manager is a good program for backing up your apps, but all configurations and settings will go back to factory defaults.