Question regarding alarm and rootingSupport

Last Updated:

1. mewko1502

mewko1502 New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 2, 2010
    hi everyone this is my frist post on this forum XD

to the main point, i want to ask can the phone be unlocked after rooting and will the alarm work if the phone is turned off (mines doesnt ring...)

thank you

2. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010

Rooting does not simunlock the phone. Here are instructions on how to remove a simlock- Unlocking Liquid Simlock - Android @ MoDaCo (I have never tried these personally as my Liquid was unlocked out of the box).

You need the Acer Download Tool and a .bin file (Liquid drivers must be installed for the tool to work) and requires flashing new firmware onto the phone.

The download tool is here- MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and you can find a .bin file from here- Acer Liquid & Liquid E ALL ROMs bin extract collection - Android @ MoDaCo (some of these will get an "MD5 Fail" error, IGNORE THAT). Here is a nice tutorial on flashing new firmwares- [TUTORIAL] How to flash .bin files on Acer Liquid/E - Android @ MoDaCo

As for the alarm clock thing, I do not think it works when the phone is turned off. Just plug your phone into the charger while you sleep.

Enjoy these forums and feel free to ask anything.