1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Question regarding memory cardGeneral

1. rronald25

rronald25 Active Member

So, as I read on the forum that 64gb is working well with note, was wondering if its better for me to use 1 x 64gb or 2 x 32gb?

The reason is because I am going to use my note for entertainment (most of the times), so i will put all of my music +- 30ish gb on the 1st card (and wont write and erase that often), then the 2nd card would be for videos & pictures which I think the contents will be depending where I am travelling (meaning I will have to write & erase the content of this card quite often).

The thing is im afraid by doing so, it will make note or the card soon will not work preperly (at least this is my understanding as I am not a gadget guy)

So would be great if someone can help me decide

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Bodestone

Bodestone Well-Known Member

The number of reads and writes before the card degrades to the point of data loss is huge. You would have to be adding and deleting files every couple of minutes for a few years.
  3. GiggityGiggity

GiggityGiggity Well-Known Member

I've got a 64gb card in my note. You get 59gb once it's formatted. Personally I'd get a 64gb card. Having to continuously take the back off the phone and take the battery out just to change cards would annoy me eventually.
  4. Bodestone

Bodestone Well-Known Member

That's because they cheat and use 1000 bytes instead of 1024 bytes for a gigabyte when they tell you how big it is.
  5. rronald25

rronald25 Active Member

Yeah you are all right. I think i will just use 1x 64g. Like Bodestoen says, I dont think the card will be damage due to writes & erases within 2 years anyway, and since I might use otterbox, I think it will be annoying to take off the card everytime I want to watch video.
    Thanx
  6. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Err nooo, it's because the file system is FAT32 which uses a file allocation table. The file allocation table is using the remaining space.