1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Question Regarding "Miscallaneous Files" and "System Memory"

1. Elros

Elros New Member

Hi guys-First time posting in these forums so if this isn't the right place I apologize.

I just rooted my Verizon Galaxy S4 today and am now working on backing up using CWM so I can get a new ROM. However, I noticed under storage that "Miscellaneous files" takes up 6.53 GB-6.38 GB of which is "System memory".

I was wondering if someone could tell me if this is normal?

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to this stuff so please forgive my ignorance. :)

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi Elros :hello: Welcome to the forums

I moved your thread to the Verizon All Things Root forum for you since you're rooted. :)

That sounds about right. I think you should have between 9gb and 10gb free. Normally it would be more but Samsung packed a lot into the system partition.