Question Regarding Recording

Last Updated:

1. Garthur

Garthur Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 24, 2010
    Hi, I am considering getting the Desire (well I'm supposed to have it but Dixons messed up and now I have to get it from elsewhere, long story). I currently have a N96 with a 16gb Class 2 Micro SD card. I plan on formating the card and using it for the Desire as I see no point in buying a new card until a 32 gb Class 6 is available. Currently when I try recording straight to the card on the N96 it lags really badly but recording to the 16GB internal it goes fine. I'm not sure if its a problem with the card but doesn't bother me as the internal memory works ok and I think its down to the speed transferring to the card.

I know the Desire has next to nothing internal (is it 500mb?) so when recording to a class 2 does it record ok to the memory card or does it record onto the local memory and then transfer it over itself (or just store on local memory). If I'm right then the card that comes with it is a class 2 so it should record onto that ok?

Thanks for you help.

2. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    The Desire records onto the SD card. With the original class 2 card you should be ok other than 720P which it struggles slightly with.