Question regarding roms and kernels

Last Updated:

1. RevInstant

RevInstant New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone! I recently rooted my Droid and installed BB0.4 to it(my first rom =D ) and its cool but I really want to oc to 1.1 or if its safe 1.2. What I need to know is how to oc bb0.4 to higher cpu speeds without losing my apps and such, I'm pretty new to this so any reccomendations on kernels, roms, anything to make my phone better. Btw I have a Droid(my baby)

Also is there a way to make my top notification bar black? I'm using Open home.

Advertisement
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

As far as OC'ING, just download a kernel and flash it as you would any other Rom, then go grab the app setcpu from the market, and the rest is pretty self explanatory. Oh and BTW, Welcome to the Android Forums!

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Remember you do NOT need to do a wipe when installing a kernel. Just apply the update.zip or whatever it is and you're in business.

4. VIO

VIO Well-Known Member

O and make sure the kernel you pick is compatible with the rom and android version you are running

5. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

also you might want to put several on your SD incase you have issues ... and dont forget to have a good back up :)