Question regarding WIFISupport

Last Updated:

1. vasilator

vasilator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can connect at work but when I try to use it gives me the usual error message like it isn't connected. When I look at it, it says excellent signal and that is connected.

Here is the thing, with my I-phone, or numerous other devices I could connect but when I logged on for the first time I had to put in my desktop username and password. (something about the security certificate) With the Inc. it never even asks for it. Is there a setting or something I am missing?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

This may or may not help depending on what you've been trying to access on the WiFi. But when I first logged onto my college's wireless network, I tried using an IM program with the WiFi, but it wouldn't work. So I had to first go to the internet browser and to a website before it would prompt me to sign in with my username.

3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

The passphrase or hex key is probably not correct. That, or the ecncryption method is not supported or correct (i.e. you are using WEP on the phone, and the network is using WPA, or vice-versa).

4. frmovrfnctn

frmovrfnctn Well-Known Member

Samething happens to me at work, open up the browser/refresh browser and click 'ok' to acknowledge their user agreement.

5. vasilator

That is exactly how it worked on my I-phone but when I refresh on this phone it doesn't do anything. On the I-phone I had to use the default browser (safari) or I would have the same issue.

The issue here is the default it google so I don't know what website or browser to try to get the user agreement.

6. vasilator

Any idea on how to find that out or fix it???

7. vasilator

Hate to bump but any more ideas on what I can do? It is really frustrating.