[Question] Safe overclocking freq for m835?

Last Updated:

1. AesopRock

AesopRock Active Member

Im looking for a "safe" range for this particular phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. i do not wish to destroy my phone lol....

Im using Rom toolbox pro 3.1.2 if that matters..... Like rom manager with more options is there a better app to OC? Thanks in Advance

2. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

normally most ppl just try the settings out til the phone isnt stable then set it to a lower setting. Really hard to damage the phone since if the oc is set to high for it to handle it will just reboot. And if you have it set to set at reboot it will bootloop and you'll have to wipe data to get it to boot then.

With the stock kernel you're not gonna be able to set the oc higher than 600.
    DemonMonk and AesopRock like this.
  3. AesopRock

AesopRock Active Member

Thanks for the answer i think that helped me decide to just leave it alone since i am running stock , im going to try your modded stock Mate5 i found on another site here in a minute.
  4. Apocalypz

Apocalypz Member

I'm running Playful's CM7 with the CPU governor set to performance and Minimun CPU clock at 633 and Max. CPU clock at 710. No issues so far, nor do I feel it overly warm. Haven't tried any YouTube videos or anything too CPU intensive, but so far no crashes or reboots so I'm good.
    AesopRock likes this.
  5. AesopRock

AesopRock Active Member

Thanks for the response
    Question: Did you somehow get the wifi to work on PG's CM7 port?!
    EDIT: im also looking for a good vm heapsize...
  6. AesopRock

AesopRock Active Member

BUMP anyone know the vm heapsize i should use for a stock rom?
  7. PlayfulGod

Toke tested it out @32 and said it was good there.
    AesopRock likes this.
  8. AesopRock

AesopRock Active Member

Ok im now running CM7 what can i use for max and min settings on that and should i keep the heapsize at 32?
  9. PlayfulGod

Best way is to try n see which settings work for you as your phone my differ for others. For min I would set it @245Mhz, max 710 will prolly work fine.
    patsfann likes this.
  10. bowlindad

bowlindad New Member

I have cm7.2 on my m835 and my wifi and camera is not working. what can I do to fix this?
  11. EManU3LXX

EManU3LXX Well-Known Member

Camera App or camera all together?
  12. Bowlsnapper

Bowlsnapper New Member

Uh, am I missing something? Since when has the m835 been overclockable? and HOW!? WTF?
  13. DerekElensar

DerekElensar Well-Known Member

they're running a custom ROM ;)
  14. dharp1996

dharp1996 Well-Known Member

How are you guys overclocking!!!!! I just get a blank window with cancel on it and im using cm7!!!!!!

Edit:Yeah thats alright I got it
  15. nu2moding

nu2moding Well-Known Member

.flashing ideos u8150 kernels is how i got a2sd,oc, multitouch n wifi tethering working
    my particular device was stable @729, but could go up to 800+ b4 boot looping
  16. Spec2nirvash

Spec2nirvash VIP Member VIP Member

You have a link to that kernel?
  17. nu2moding

w/p 7 ideos rom I used.
    its in Italian, n I think links are dead, but Google is ur friend
  18. Spec2nirvash

Spec2nirvash VIP Member VIP Member

Every link and every search on Google comes up empty. Nobody hosts that file anymore I guess. Do you still have the zip file for that ROM?
  19. nu2moding

its on the device.
    i don't have it anymore :(
    it was pretty bad-ass n on Android assistant, said CDMa and GSM support.
    synaptics touch n oc up to 760+ but stable @726

look for my vid