• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Question] Safe overclocking freq for m835?

AesopRock

Sep 20, 2011
Im looking for a "safe" range for this particular phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. i do not wish to destroy my phone lol....

Im using Rom toolbox pro 3.1.2 if that matters..... Like rom manager with more options is there a better app to OC? Thanks in Advance
Aesop

normally most ppl just try the settings out til the phone isnt stable then set it to a lower setting. Really hard to damage the phone since if the oc is set to high for it to handle it will just reboot. And if you have it set to set at reboot it will bootloop and you'll have to wipe data to get it to boot then.

With the stock kernel you're not gonna be able to set the oc higher than 600.

Upvote 0
I'm running Playful's CM7 with the CPU governor set to performance and Minimun CPU clock at 633 and Max. CPU clock at 710. No issues so far, nor do I feel it overly warm. Haven't tried any YouTube videos or anything too CPU intensive, but so far no crashes or reboots so I'm good.

Thanks for the response
Question: Did you somehow get the wifi to work on PG's CM7 port?!
EDIT: im also looking for a good vm heapsize...

Upvote 0
I'm running Playful's CM7 with the CPU governor set to performance and Minimun CPU clock at 633 and Max. CPU clock at 710. No issues so far, nor do I feel it overly warm. Haven't tried any YouTube videos or anything too CPU intensive, but so far no crashes or reboots so I'm good.

Uh, am I missing something? Since when has the m835 been overclockable? and HOW!? WTF?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones