Question - Screen Door Effect??Support

Last Updated:

1. viper134

viper134 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys,

I'm going to be getting the Samsung Epic 4g from Sprint when it comes out. It will be my first android phone and after reading the reviews i'm really excited about it. I just went to the t-mobile store to check out the Samsung Vibrant and noticed the screen quality wasn't that good, at least outside of the Avatar movie. I noticed the screen door effect was pretty prominent. My iPod Touch 2g i'm sad to say looks better (outside of movies). I'm hoping that this is perhaps because it was a bad unit or that the screens on the Samsung Galaxy S family vary somewhat across carriers. Any better info would be great.

Thanks,
    Bobbie

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Well, now that you mention it.... Never noticed this before. Still, how close were you holding it to your eyes? I had to hold my really close to notice it.

3. viper134

A reasonable distance like I would hold my ipod touch when reading something. After doing extensive research i think it may just be individual units. I have yet to see a review of the epic that discusses the effect. Its most prominent when I look at the edges of images, i see a dotted outline of some sort.

4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

The effect disappears when in video mode, but it could just be that the motions blur it.

5. EarlZ

EarlZ Well-Known Member

@viper134

I believe it is caused by the pentile display. I dont really mind it coz the display is awesome at normal viewing distance.. I only see it when im pixel peeping.

6. viper134

I really hope that there is another explanation. The movies do look fantastic but just doing ordinary things look sort of bland in comparison. Any other comments would be great.