Question!!! this is killing me to know...Support

1. cesardrgn

cesardrgn Well-Known Member

So i have a Samsung Mesmerize with Froyo 2.2 my question is, How the HECK do we take Screen Capture shots???

I don't have any screen capture app downloaded or anything but i know the phone does have one Built-in already. I know this because three weeks ago i was at the airport waiting for my flight and someone how i took a picture of my top home menu and no idea how i did that!!!
    also about a week ago i got my phone out of my pocket and like i always do i click on the unlock button and Boom! my phone did the sound it does for when you take a picture. took a screen shot of the pattern draw password screen.

So how in earth do i press to take screen captures??? The phone does have the option but i been playing around with my cel and can't find that option or key!

If i go into my Gallery a new folder was created titled, "ScreenCapture" and i have those two pictures i took not even knowing how :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

HELP!!!

Advertisement
  2. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

In my experience, the best way to take a screen shot is to take the phone out of your pocket. :D
  3. cesardrgn

cesardrgn Well-Known Member

I mean, what key or keys do i press to take a screen capture?
    I did it twice both by accident so i know the option is there. i don't pick a picture with the camera but a screen capture of what's on my screen.

first picture i took was on the home page and the other one of my pattern draw password screen

someone has to know how to do this not installing a 3rd party app since the phone has it already
  4. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

Press the Volume Keys and the Power Button simultaneously. I can't remember if it is both volume keys at once, or just volume down.

I use Zeb's method. Grab the phone the wrong way coming out of your pocket, captures a screen every time.
  5. das1116

das1116 New Member

Hold the back button and press the power button. I've noticed if your screen is dirty then just pressing the power button will do it. Hope this helps!
  6. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

For real, that is the right way to do it. Unfortunately, it doesn't actually work on anything but a home screen from what I have seen.
  7. attroll

attroll Well-Known Member

This only works from the desktop of the phone. It does not work inside an app.
  8. Bloomy6

Bloomy6 Well-Known Member

In fact, you can do it from inside app. Go to home screen, hold down the back button for approximately 2 seconds and continue to hold, click on the app while still holding the back button, get to the screen you want to capture and hit the power button.
  9. attroll

attroll Well-Known Member

Thank you
  10. regalsoft

regalsoft Member

I can't seem to get mine to work at all, home screen or otherwise. I've tried all the suggestions mentioned here and none of them work. Just got my phone a little over a month ago. Already had Froyo on it. For you guys that have it working, did you upgrade from 2.1?
  11. Bloomy6

Bloomy6 Well-Known Member

yes, I did upgrade from 2.1
  12. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member

I can't seem to make it do it on purpose, but almost everytime i pull it outa my pocket click there it is
  13. j1977t

j1977t New Member

Using the Samsung Mesmerize with the 2.2 update push back and power button at the same time.
  14. Ziphless

Ziphless Well-Known Member

I agree with bloomy... with little bit of practice, I was able to screen shot pretty much anything. Holding the return button, go to where you want while still holding the return and then press the power button. My phone use to take pics all by itself too. It stopped as soon as I got the 2.2.1 patch.
  15. MommyOf6

MommyOf6 New Member

I have the mesmerize and the upgrade. Holding the back button getting to the screen u want and pushing the power button works fine for mine too, the only time it didnt is when i was trying to do it in my txt messages it wouldnt take the screend shot of them.
  16. Jackmedley

Jackmedley New Member

I can't get it to work in text messages either.
  17. vfrontop

vfrontop New Member

yeah this was killing me too!!! LOL

you hold down the back button and while holding it down you press the home button.

i have a samsung t589 cell phone.........that is how it works consistently.
    i just took like 5 screenshots to make sure.

i hold down the back button and sort of slip over and hit the home button
    and then screen capture occurs.
  18. vfrontop

vfrontop New Member

Remember.........hold down the back button and hit the HOME button NOT the power button for samsung t589 phone......... the power button is on the side of the phone....... the HOME button is the circle button in the middle of the phone
  19. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

That's all great, except the phones in this forum are not t589s...
  20. BobMudd

BobMudd New Member

Press any of your main buttons at the bottom to get their back-light to activate. With the buttons back lit, press and hold the back button until you get that delayed "buzz". While still holding the back button, press the power button. You will hear the camera shutter sound and a new screen-shot will be in your gallery.;)
  21. Blackout5150

Blackout5150 New Member

You, sir, are a genius. Thank you a million times over!! :thumbup: