Question to all Hero Owners! Regarding the notifcation lights.

Last Updated:

1. Skeetzy

Skeetzy New Member This Topic's Starter

Alright well I got my Hero on release date(After going through 3 Pre's! :mad:). Well so far I love it. Battery life has been just fine(And thats with the system at 100% lol), and the apps are amazing. But I have a question. I noticed there's two LED lights at the top of the phone. Yet I've only ever seen one light up! Is this how it is for everyone else? Only my left one lights up(green for texts, and amber for charging). And my friend's G1's Scroll Wheel also lights up, and was just wondering why ours doesn't.

Basically I'm wondering if my phone's broken, or if that's how everyones' is!

Advertisement
  2. Sabre66

Sabre66 Well-Known Member

Well I've only ever seen the left side light work and i believe the right side is only for symmetry. As for the trackball, it should definitely light up when touched.

3. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Well-Known Member

I believe the "light" on the right side is actually the light sensor that allows for the screen to adjust it's backlight depending on the light setting of the room you are in. It's an option under "Sound and Display".

4. Skeetzy

Skeetzy New Member This Topic's Starter

Oh no! It does light up when touched, I just thought it would light up different colors just like Sidekicks and the G1.

And that was my thoughts to, but I was just double checking. Because I read a review of the HTC Hero(Not sprint version) and it said the right was for charging(amber) and the left was for notifcations. That's why I came here to ask!

5. Wams

Wams Active Member

left light for notifications, right side is "light sensor" and per the maual the track ball should light up for notifications, BUT it does not!!!! as far as trackball lighting when u touch it ....no!
    the trackball lights when the other buttons light ie call/end/menu/search. they do not light independently....