• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

question to buy 3g or not?

mitch04

Nov 7, 2009
Hi could someone please tell me if I should get a 3G version? I want to use the internet away from my wireless router but instead off getting another 3g sim and plan, I can just tether it from my android phone to get internet on the tablet correct?

Thank you

Hi could someone please tell me if I should get a 3G version? I want to use the internet away from my wireless router but instead off getting another 3g sim and plan, I can just tether it from my android phone to get internet on the tablet correct?

Thank you

Yep, that's correct. I do it all the time with my tablets when I can't find wifi.

Good to know as was seriously considering the nexus 7 and presumed I'd be able to tether it to either my i-phone 3gs or my daughters galaxy ace.:):):)

Upvote 0
3G or not depends on how much you'll be using away from wifi. I've got a wifi iPad, it never leaves the house, while my 3G 7.7 goes everywhere with me. I could tether to my phone, I've got unlimited data with Three here in the UK, but it's a pain because I use the 7.7 a lot. As such, I'm glad I got a 3G, and I buy 3gb/3months pay as you go sims off Amazon for

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones