Question: Updating / Restoring phoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. verchad

verchad Member

I have previously rooted my phone, a while ago. Current about phone info:

S:M820.07 x.FE16

Here's my question, I know if I want to install the latest official update that it's been nagging me to do for a while, I will lose the benefits of rooting. If I do want to go back to a stock phone, can I just follow the on phone prompts and install the latest stock firmware or would I first need to go thru the rooting process and revert to my old software, then do the auto install thru boost?

And if I can just do it thru the phone/boost, should I clear out downloaded programs for more space in the memory for the process?

Thanks for any help. :D

2. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

-Accepting the update will break root.

-if your happy with the phone as is, you can disable the update notification
    verchad likes this.
  3. verchad

verchad Member

Thanks Lord Vincent. One more question about it. I know there isn't any guarantee, but if I accept the update and it breaks the root, will it cause any problems with the phone or the process?

I am thinking that I might want to get a new phone in the near future and would want to set this one back to normal, but I don't want to brick it either.
  4. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

If you're not running stock rooted, with all of the system apps present, then the its will fail anyways...

You can however just Odin back to stock
    verchad likes this.